1. What can I donate?
We accept vehicle donations including RVs, boats, trailers, motorcycles, golf carts, ATV's, semis, dump trucks, jet skis, buses, snowmobiles, and many more items. Please call us at (888) 344-HOPE with information on the specific item you wish to donate.
2. My vehicle hasn't run in years. Can I still donate my vehicle?
Yes. Most vehicle donations are accepted, running or not. To find out if we can accept your vehicle donation, please call (888) 344-HOPE, or complete the online car donations form.
3. Can I donate my car with an engine not running or other mechanical problems?
Yes! Even clunkers' have some value.
4. What if my car didn't pass the emission test?
Even if it failed, we'll be happy to accept it.
5. Will you pick up my car?
Yes! Adult & Teen Challenge picks up your vehicle donations at a time that is convenient for you, free of charge.
6. OK. I want to donate my car. Do I have to be home when you pick up my car?
No! Just clean the car of any personal belongings and leave the keys and title above the driver side visor. We will leave a receipt in your door or mailbox if you prefer.
7. I want to donate my car but I don't have my title?
We can sometimes pick up your vehicle donations without a title. Call us at (888) 344-HOPE to see whether we can pick up your car.
8. Is there any expense involved on my part, like towing charges?
No. There is absolutely no charge.
9. How long will it take till my car is picked up?
The average pickup time for car donations depends on the current schedule, and can range from 24 hours to one week depending on the specific circumstances.
10. What areas do you service?
Iowa and Nebraska
11. Will my car be junked or used for parts?
How your donations will be handled depends on its condition and on other variable factors. In any case, Adult & Teen Challenge will have benefited, and you'll receive your tax deductible receipt.
12. How much will I receive as a tax deduction for my used car?
Please call (888) 344-HOPE for a free vehicle evaluation.
13. What are the tax benefits when I donate my car?
Adult & Teen Challenge is a classified 501(c)3 charity organization. You will receive a tax benefit when you donate a vehicle. Check with your tax advisor or accountant to determine the amount of your benefit.
14. What do I need to know about signing my title?
When signing your title, please make certain that you print and sign your name as the "Seller" in EXACTLY the way it appears on the face of the title.
15. What happens if there's a problem with my car after it's donated?
You are responsible for the car until it is picked up. You are liable for all previous storage charges and previous fines. Once the car has been picked up, we take full responsibility.